Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Love Affair with Reiki

About 10 years ago, my life came crashing down around me. It was shocking in its thoroughness and magnitude. In a short period of time, I lost my job in a sexual discrimination snafu. I got divorced. Not only found I was infertile but that I needed a hysterectomy to be comfortable in my body.  I got re-married. My step-daughter died in a motorcycle accident. We sold everything and traveled by RV, and moved to Hawaii.

Whew. 

Then my health collapsed. I got a headache that would not stop. It did not respond to Western medicine, acupuncture, chiropractic, massage. Nothing. I learned a lot along the way, and I cleaned up my body and my health choices along the way. 

Then Reiki arrived in my life. And it was so gentle. 

So gentle, in fact, that I didn't notice at first. But Reiki is persistent and patient.

Gradually, as I received Reiki from a practitioner, I noticed that my thoughts were less about blaming myself for not being healthy enough, and moving toward the ideas that I could bring myself back into balance. 

And that is what has happened, and continues to happen. Over the course of a year, I took the training to become a Reiki Master, and I found myself becoming more balanced and healthy in my head and heart than I have been in my life.

When I first started practicing Reiki, I had to discipline myself to do 5 minutes every day. Now I apply Reiki to all my life -- meditation, driving in town, talking with friends, playing music, and relaxing.

My love affair with Reiki is one that brings me great peace and joy, and I'm thrilled to be able to share it with others...

No comments:

Post a Comment